Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't join family plan it says I'm in a different Country

Can't join family plan it says I'm in a different Country

Plan

Free wants to join premium familiy

Device

(iPhone 11pro, Macbook Pro 2015)

I've looked up for solutions everywhere but nothing works. It says I'm in a different country than my family's and we live in the same house, my country setting is correct, and I ALREADY tried the incognito window, cleaning cache and cookies solution posted before, nothing works.

Please help me! 

Thanks

Ana

3 Replies

Hey @anarakish, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this; and thanks for trying all of those steps so we don't have to repeat them 😅 

Something else you could try is, ask the plan manager to send you an invite using a different valid email address. The email used to accept the invite won't affect your access to joining the Premium Family plan.

Also - just in case, If you’re joining Family on the same device the plan manager used to invite you, make sure they’ve logged out of their account page first.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I'm sorry, actually I don't understand, should they change their spotify email address, or should I receive the invitation in a different address? Still, the invitation is being sent to me by link, not email... what does "valid email address" mean? 

Thanks

Ana

Hi there @anarakish,

Sorry for the confusion. For this to work, it doesn't matter how you receive the invite link 🙂

Just make sure you logged in to the right account when accepting the invite. We'd also suggest that you double-check the country settings of your Spotify account and the plan manager's match.

If they don't, we recommend you check out this article on our support website, to see how to change the country setting.

In case none of the above tactics work, try an incognito or private window and make sure you're not using any VPN or Proxy so your location can be detected correctly.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts