Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sign up new user

Can't sign up new user

I'm trying to sign up my kid on my family plan, but when I enter his info on the website and do the annoying captcha thing, I get a spinning "working" circle that just sits there forever. When I try through the Android app, I get an error that says "Oops! Your information seems to have changed. Please start again."

I've already invited his email address to join my family plan, but he didn't have an account. Now I can't even register him. What's up with this?

31 Replies

Hey @bdd70

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

If you get the spinning circle thing, try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It doesn't seem like you understood the poster's issue. He CAN'T create new accounts. I can't either. It just spins and spins when I try to create an account under my kid's email address to which I sent the Spotify family invitation. I chatted with a support person about this who thought maybe it was an outage issue but it has been going on for weeks. As of now I am paying for a Spotify Family account that I can't use because I can't create accounts for my kids.

Hey @ibcrosby

If you get the spinning circle thing, try clearing the cache, open a private window (incognito mode), or try with a different browser, and see if that does it. If you're using Chrome, try with Firefox, or viceversa.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I did all of those things, many times over, during two separate hourlong
sessions with your chat support. Doesn't help. Something is wrong on your
side that you need to fix.

I’m having the same issues trying to create an account for my daughter. I don’t know why it’s happening, but they need to figure this out!

Spotify support is completely useless. They are just pretending this
problem doesn't exist and waste your time goofing around with browser
settings and such when there is clearly something broken with their
provisioning.

I decided to try Google Chrome and it actually worked. Give it a try and hopefully it works for you guys too. I’m just glad that we finally got my daughter’s account created and linked to our premium subscription. Good luck!

Has this issue been addressed?  I bought the family plan and cannot create a new account from any web browser, from any phone, and from any other computer.  What is going on???  It just spins and times out. Should I wait it out or get my money back/Cancel subscription?

I was able to get it to work with Chrome. Not sure if I just got lucky, but try a few times and hopefully it works for you. Sorry I can’t help much. Good luck!

I have the same problem! Losing money every day!

I have the same problem and have now tried everything suggested without success.
Spotify please do something about this

I'm having the same problem - tried many browsers and can't get sign up of a new account to work.

I've heard that it works if you are not completely honest about the age.

Try to add a year to your child's age when setting up the account.

It seems that Spotify can not figure out the age exactly if the minimum age is calculated to the month of the birthday and it has only just been met.

Hope this will work for you.

Like many of you, I was having trouble adding family members to the family plan. I invited them, they received the invite but when they go to log in to sign up, they would get an error message saying the email address was already in use (I guess from me sending them an invite?) 

I finally got them added by taking the following steps

1.) Go to spotify.com and click sign in

2.) Click the forgot my password or user name link

3.) Send a request to reset the password to the family members email account

4.) click on the link in that email and reset the password

5.) Send the family member a new invite to their email address

6.) click on the accept invite button on that email

7.) sign in with your username and new password.

Congrats! At least that worked for me...

VPN worked for me 🙂

None of this works. How can you ignore this problem, Spotify?

Hi,

Does anyone have a sollution to this that has not been mentioned in this thread? I have also started a family plan, I have managed to add 2 of my children, but they were able to make their sign in by using FaceBook, my 3rd child does not have FB and doesnt want it, so we have tried by using email. But no matter which browser I use (have tried IE, Firfox, Chrome and Chrome Incognito) I get the same spining wheel after clicking the Sign Up button and reCaptcha expires. I have tried SEVERAL times over the last 2 days, but not able to sign her up. What does Spotify say to this?

Hey @JustinPhilbrow

Does he have a Spotify Free account yet? If not, the first step is to create a new account for him.

The next step is for him to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invite to the email he used to create his account. If he doesn't get it, try inviting him from a different device (since you already tried from a different browser/incognito window).

Let him accept the invite logged in with his own username in the app and in the website. He should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I'm the same - I've tried 3 different devices and can't sign up my daughter. I've been paying for premium and it's going wasted... how can I fix this please?

Suggested posts