Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unlink FB account from Spotify. It's saying I never opened an account without it when I did

Can't unlink FB account from Spotify. It's saying I never opened an account without it when I did

Can't unlink FB account from Spotify. It's saying I never opened an account without it when I did. 

For some reason it appears that I have two separate Spotify accounts. But I got Spotify a year and a half ago I started off with one and I'm pretty sure I linked it with a Facebook and soon after I started another Spotify account but this time without Facebook. I have been using Spotify on the account not linked to Facebook for approximately 1 year and sometime last month my account disappeared. But I tried logging in with just my email and my password it is now linked to my Facebook account I have tried disconnecting the too but for some reason it says that I never linked them  together. This has  happened to me before in the past where my accounts linked together and the playlist that I had with my Facebook account get swapped with the one I actually use and I was actually able to get it situated but for some reason this time around I am not. I am hoping that you guys are able to help me out.  When I was using Shazam to get a new song I noticed that the Spotify account in which all my playlist and music that I don't have access to is connected to Shazam which tells me that my account is still out there hopefully

1 Reply

Hey @Jen_jeno2007, welcome to the community!

I suggest following these steps to see if you can find the account with all your music and playlists.

In case it's linked to your Facebook, you'll need to click the blue "Log in with Facebook" button to access it.

If you find it, you can close the account you don't use to avoid this inconvenience in the future.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts