Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled Family, now my brother cannot use his account

Cancelled Family, now my brother cannot use his account

I cancelled Family because Spotify kept messing up to the point I was no longer using it anymore. The plan ended a few days ago, and now my brother can't start his own Premium account because his email address is still linked with my former Family account, and now I don't even have access to the "Premium for Family" tab and cannot remove him so he can do his own thing. Is there a way to remove him without buying another month of Premium for Family?

3 Replies

Hi @stuckerstuck, welcome to the comunnity!

When we cancel a Premium for Family plan, all member's accounts revert to their previous status (Free or regular Premium).

For what you said, your brother's account is probably Free by now, and he should be able to subscribe to his own Premium plan.

Does he get any error messages when trying to do so?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

He says he still can't sign up for his own premium, and I still can't find a place for me to access my former family in order to remove him from the authorized user list. He's going to just create a new account with a new email address, but he's losing all his playlists.

Hey @stuckerstuck,

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts