Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot ADD new family member

Cannot ADD new family member

I have a premium account in the netherlands, added myself twice successfully last year. Now I wanted to add my wife I cannot. First she gets you need to be on same address, then same country and when I created two new account for trying the message was even more vague “you cannot be added to this family account”. What’s going on? And why is there no help for this??

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try sending the invite using another browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, could you try sending the invite to another email address? You don't need to send the invite to the email address registered with your Spotify account.

I you're still having trouble, could you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown? Please hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Keep me posted, I'll be happy to help 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

We did everything you tried already. Multiple times. See attached as one
example.

@user-removed,

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I cannot see the screenshot message? Could you try sending it again so that I can take a look and help you further.

Also, could you make sure that the countries on the account match?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Again, see attached screenshot. It says in English: you cannot be added to
this family account. Need help? And then a link to a page that doesn't help
at all.

@user-removed,

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I need the screenshot so that I can take a look and help further. You can attach the screenshot by clicking "Choose Files" under your reply and you should be able to add it.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Attached, via the web interface as email replies with attachments don't work ;-(

Screenshot_20180918-112410.png

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like to mention that only accounts created in the Netherlands will be able to join the family plan. If one of the accounts have been created abroad, you'll need to change the country with these instructions.

Furthermore, you can only join a family plan twice a year. It's also important that all users live on the same address. If the account that would like to join, doesn't pass the check, the account will be excluded from future family plans.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts