Cannot Add Family Members - Stuck in Captcha Loop!

Solved!
Highlighted

*snip*

Casual Listener

Thanks Xenia. The T&Cs specify the kids app is for 12 and under. That is clearly the problem. Tried again for my wife and all worked fine. Such a shame that Shazam can't make the tiny little fix to highlight what the issue is, rather than pushing people around in circles. That is a standard feature on thousands of sites for many years, where forms not correctly filled in prompt messages to highlight the areas that need to be added or changed etc. Anyhoo, at least I understand the problem now. 

Thanks for the response, T.

Re: *snip*

Hey there folks,

@ivorbiggun - Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear that @Xenia's reply helped! 

If seeing a highlighting error indicator when filling in the signup form is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend showing your support in the Ideas Exchange. You can find more info on how to get started on that in this Spotify Answer.

@ashleyrebekah50 - you mention that the CAPTCHA is not loading properly when trying to go through the steps to create an account for your kids.

Just to confirm, are you able to see this page properly working when you try to verify and click submit that "I'm not a robot"?

If you can see it and verify with no issues, we'd recommend making sure that the year you enter for each account meets our minimum age requirements - you can read @Xenia's message above to find more info on this.

However, if you're having troubles viewing that page at all, we'd suggest trying the following:

• Make sure that any ad blockers or other extensions on your browser are not blocking CAPTCHA verification. You might want to try temporarily disabling them and trying again in that case.
  • Connect to a different internet connection. Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information. 

In the meanwhile, we hope you don't mind us marking @Xenia's post as the solution so users with a similar issue looking for a solution can come across it more easily.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Adding a family account - CAPTCHA loop problems

Casual Listener

So I am clearly one of many people that cannot get past this stupid CAPTCHA thing. 

I have spent hours reading advice. I have so far: 

• gone icognito
  • hotspotted my phone to use 4G
  • chosen different networks
  • used different android devices
  • used different laptops
  • logging out of all other accounts
  • tested the demo version of CAPTCHA
  • reset my IP address
  • used a VPN
  • ensured my child is the minimum age
  • reduced the length of the URL 

What else is there to do!!! I refuse to create a facebook account for my child yet. Surely the problem is with CAPTCHA not us the plentiful users!!!

Find me an alternative solution please moderators! I have been trying this for 2 weeks now! Oh and of course CAPTCHA works perfectly to post this so why not for a new account!!??

Highlighted

Re: Adding a family account - CAPTCHA loop problems

Hey there @warwickf,

Thanks for sharing this and adding these details!

So we can take a closer look into what's happening, it'd be very helpful if you could share a screenshot of what you see when trying to sign up for an account, including any error messages you see.

Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info visible in your screenshots.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS