Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Join My Wife's Family Plan

Cannot Join My Wife's Family Plan

Hi team,

I am trying to join my wife's family plan subscription but I have having problems doing that. My son is able to join my wife's family plan after keying in the address needed after receiving the invite but when I get invite and also key the same address that is an error. Can you assist on what I need to do to get this solved?

Thanks.

Regards,

Juin Hau

3 Replies

Hey @neosapien, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you ask your wife (the owner) to send you another invite using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, ask her to try sending one more using a different valid email address.

If you're still having trouble, please send me a screenshot of what you see when you try to join the Premium for Family plan (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

Thanks for helping out in this. I have tried your methods (incognito or different browser) and it does not work. I have used a different email and "create" a new account and I was able to join the family plan. I do not want to do that as I will lose all my playlist in my current account.

I have attached the error that I see using my current account.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Juin Hau

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 4.12.08 PM.png

Hey @neosapien

Thanks for getting back to me.

Since it worked on the new account - go ahead and join the Premium for Family plan on that new account. Then, contact Customer Support who can help transfer all of your content from your old account to the new account.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts