Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot cancel Family and switch back to Premium solo

Cannot cancel Family and switch back to Premium solo

Hi,

I want to cancel my Family subscription and revert to Premium for myself, but I can't (in french, translation by Google below). I do have registered my payment method and it's valid.

Impossible de modifier le programme. Ce problème peut être dû au fait que vous n'êtes pas éligible à ce programme, que vous y êtes déjà abonné ou que vous n'avez pas encore enregistré de mode de paiement.

Unable to modify program. This problem may be caused by the fact that you are not eligible for this program, have already subscribed to it, or have not yet registered a payment method.

Thank you.

6 Replies

Hey there @djsuperfive,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll gladly help you change your subscription.

We'd suggest you open an incognito window and try again. Then you can follow these steps to revert to the individual Premium plan. The changes should take effect from your next billing date. 

In case you get an error message, simply send us a screenshot displaying it. Then we'll investigate this further.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Hi Ivan,

I tried the incognito mode, without success. Same error message. See attachement.

Thanks.

Capture d’écran 2020-07-20 à 12.37.54.png

Hey there @djsuperfive,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you also try changing your plan using a PC or another device? This step might help in case the issue you're experiencing is device-related.  

If this persists after trying on a different device, it's also possible you've encountered an issue similar to one that we're currently investigating. Take a look at this Ongoing Issue with Premium Duo and make sure you support our investigation by clicking on the +VOTE button and following the instructions under Status Update.

You can also Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. This way you'll stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

If you have any questions, just leave us a comment and we'll get back to you. 

I tried from my Mac and my iPhone: same issue. This is not a device problem but probably aback-end issue on your side.

I hope there will be a solution soon.

Hi,

can you help me on this ? I do not want to pay the next month of Spotify Family. I want to revert to single Premium.

thank you

Hey there @djsuperfive,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you've tried the steps from here and still experience the same issue, we'd suggest click here and contact out support team. They can look into this further.

If you have more questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts