Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot connect to family premium

Cannot connect to family premium

Hi there, my husband as signed up for the family premium account.

When im trying to add my self to account, i cannot, im tried on multiple devices and still cannot connect. 

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 09.10.26.png
9 Replies

Hi there @user-removed

thanks for reaching out !

I would have to ask for more info in order to help out.

Please state:

- Owner of the plan device used

- Country

- Your current plan and device

- Have you tried incognito web page for the process ?

Please make sure to follow all the instructions given on the Premium Family plan here just to be on the safe side that you're eligible and installed it correctly.

Keep me posted 🙂

The premium account belongs to my husband

The device im using is my laptop and my phone

We live in south Africa

Premium for family

I’ve tried the incognito web page process and still get the same error.

Im not sure if this helps, we only signed up yesterday

Hi @user-removed

thanks for answering so quickly !

You mentioned that you signed up just yesterday, that means your husband created an account with Premium Family subscription, is that correct ?

Do you currently have your own private account ? (you, not your husband)

Waiting on your update 🙂

Yes, i have a spotify account, linked to my facebook.
my email address is *snip*

Hi, 

I have the same problem Shelly describes.

Living together with my sister and she has a family account but i receive the same error message.
I live in the Netherlands
I have a spotify premium account.

I also tried incognito modus. No clue what to do..

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi there, is there any update on this

Hi @laurajohanna90,

In case you're still having difficulties joining your sister's Family plan, we'd suggest checking your subscription status here

Keep in mind that if your current Premium plan is associated with a Partner or you're the manager of your own Premium Family plan, you first need to cancel and wait for your current Premium to end.

If you've subscribed for Premium Individual with us, your billing will switch automatically after you join your sister's Family plan and you won’t need to cancel anything.

To ensure the invite works, we recommend your sister creates a new link by logging in to her Family page and send it to you again.

Before you open it, head to spotify.com, click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, open the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for your own Spotify account (i.e., your email address and password).

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ciao, ho un problema con il mio account family premium, succede che quando faccio click nella pagina per invitare una famiglia mi fa vedere un link (che non cambia il link rimanendo il link già utilizzato) chiedo perché chi riceve il link d'invito non funziona. Potete aiutarmi? Grazie
Saluti

Hey there @anto65!

Welcome to the Community, hope you don't mind us replying in English!

We'd recommend starting off by logging out and back in and giving this a try in an incognito window or using a different browser.

If your issue persists, it might be a good idea to use a different network and turn off your VPN if you're using one.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts