Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Countries and Premium Family

Solved!

Changing Countries and Premium Family

Dear Spotify Community,

I want to create a family premium subscriptions for my family and me. One of my siblings has changed her country location to the one I reside at, since she moved back here with us. However, after adding the payment details to change the country as specified by many other community members, the account did not update her country after editing her profile.

Will her country in account overview change after she connects to the family account, as it does when starting a new billing?

Thank you,
Vivien

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @vivienfakhoury, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

If you're the Premium for Family plan owner, keep in mind that all users that you want to invite to your plan must live in the same address as you. Therefore, the country in their Spotify accounts needs to match yours.

At the moment, it's needed that the country of the other accounts is the same before joining the plan. If it's different, that account won't be able to accept the invite.

The other user will be able to manually change the country in the account by following these steps. We suggest to try it from a computer, using a Google Chrome incognito window. 

If that person has an individual Premium subscription active at the moment, they'll need to cancel their subscription and wait for the account to go back to the Free service before being able to change the country.

Let us know how it goes or if you have questions. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @vivienfakhoury, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

If you're the Premium for Family plan owner, keep in mind that all users that you want to invite to your plan must live in the same address as you. Therefore, the country in their Spotify accounts needs to match yours.

At the moment, it's needed that the country of the other accounts is the same before joining the plan. If it's different, that account won't be able to accept the invite.

The other user will be able to manually change the country in the account by following these steps. We suggest to try it from a computer, using a Google Chrome incognito window. 

If that person has an individual Premium subscription active at the moment, they'll need to cancel their subscription and wait for the account to go back to the Free service before being able to change the country.

Let us know how it goes or if you have questions. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts