Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing a family member email address

Solved!

Changing a family member email address

My son is the premium account holder and has a family account that I have been a member of for a few months. My registered email is with Orange and will cease to exist by the end of the month. Can my email address be changed to my new Google email without losing any of my downloads/playlists etc? If so, how? Do I even need to have an email that exists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just learned this from the Spotify help chat.  An individual family member can login to their account, go their profile page, and then change their email address.  But if the password doesn't work and the email address doesn't work anymore (such that you can't use it for retrieving a new password), you'll need a spotify help agent to make the change.  Just go to support and start a chat

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @matt_hutchinson,

Of course, you can change your account's email address without losing any of your stuff. 🙂

I'd recommend always using a real email so you can receive (important) emails from Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Maxim, I don't think you answered the question.  How does one change the email address of a family member on the account?

Marked as solution

I just learned this from the Spotify help chat.  An individual family member can login to their account, go their profile page, and then change their email address.  But if the password doesn't work and the email address doesn't work anymore (such that you can't use it for retrieving a new password), you'll need a spotify help agent to make the change.  Just go to support and start a chat

Suggested posts