Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing countries and changing plans

Changing countries and changing plans

• Hi, so I'm moving from Malaysia to Singapore. I was already a premium user in Malaysia but I would like to change my country to Singapore to join my brother's family plan. However, it seems that in order to change countries, I have to let a billing charge for another month of premium? My brother has sent his invite link to the family plan but it continues to prompt me to change my country. Which requires me to issue a new payment method in Singapore, but have to wait until the billing charges first??? Why should I be charged first in order to change my Spotify country when I can join my brother 's family plan? Is there anyway to change my country without letting the billing charge? 
2 Replies

Hey there @Rinmeister

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In order to change your country you first need to cancel your current Spotify subscription. To do so, follow the steps provided here

Once you've canceled your subscription you need to wait until your account gets back on free. Then you can change your country settings by following the steps described here.   

While still being on free, ask your brother to send you the invite for joining Premium Family. This way you can join the family plan. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

But wouldn't waiting until my Spotify be free, deletes any downloads I have before? I downloaded quite a bit so songs so it will be a shame to lose it all and have to manually download it again. 

Suggested posts