Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Children Shared Custody/Different Last Name

Children Shared Custody/Different Last Name

I  have four children that I can prove are my children by birth certificate.  They are 50/50 me and my ex husband.  They do not exactly have an official address as they are children.  They also have their fathers last name - hence the comment about birth certificate.  

Spotify should get with the times and sort a way to accomodate these scenerios.  I just bought a family subscritiption and realize now the technical difficulty and will be extremely disappointed.  

Further to not be able to contact anybody?  This is a poor business strategy for such an amazing product as I experienced with my trial version but maybe I am just getting old and do not like the forum enviroment.

Any feedback appreciated.

3 Replies

I have partially sorted this out and realize the issue was different than I initially suspected.  my oldest boys were sleeping when I started this process and it went smooth with them.  Invitations for my youngest was not going through but I see now I put wrong year on birthdate whihc would put them underage.  

Looking forward to a smooth subscription now that I am alomost done with set up.

Thank you.

I agree that the idea of shared custody is not a new concept. I recognise that Spotify needs to make sure that every (wo)man and his/her dog doesn't join once and share with the neighbourhood but there has to be a happy medium.

I have every Wednesday and second weekend with my daughter. I live primarily with my partner but because my daughter hasn't met her we are taking it slow so i spend my daughter time at my parents place (also because the ex would be difficult about the new partner). So - I live in one suburb while my parents and daughter live in the same suburb but different addresses. I understand that this is probably very unusual but it makes it hard to get a family subscription that is valid for my daughter, partner, and step daughter. 

Does anyone else have the same problem or is my situation unique? There are other plans i can get instead but i would like to use Spotify since it is a pretty complete package not tied to one particular service provider or iOS/Android.

Hey there @TrickyAust and @mommadata,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

All members of a Family plan must reside at the same address as the plan's owner.

However, we understand that personal circumstances vary.

So, in the case of shared or joint custody, you may still add your children to your plan. Just be sure the address they enter is the same as yours or they're at your address when they accept the invite.

Keep in mind when registering for a Spotify account for your children, that your country's minimum age requirements must be met. If the date of birth you entered doesn't meet your country's minimum age requirements, it would explain any error messages you see.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts