Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Content in Family Kids is not available ("Oops...")

Content in Family Kids is not available ("Oops...")

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Diverse

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

There is a lot of content that is shown in Spotify for Kids, but if we click on it, there's only an error message: "Hoppla, dies ist gerade nicht verfügbar." (something like "Oops, this is not available"). It's content that's even in the starting selection of Spotify Kids like "Was ist was" or "Schule der magischen Tiere". Other content like Bibi Blocksberg etc. works.

The same content can be played in every non-kids account in our family. Please fix this immediately.

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we've been looking into this!

We have some more info to share. Right now, these albums are not available on Spotify. You can learn more about availability of content here.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

34 Replies

Hi Novy, 

unfortunately there is no option to deactivate the explicit filter on a kids profile. This is only available for the adult family members. 

Hey there @HGAbaddon,

Thank you for your reply.

The explicit filter is only for normal accounts. We're sorry for the misunderstanding.

We suggest that you create a playlist with the content from the regular app and share it with the kids with these steps.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy, 

this works on both devices for all kids accounts. Same song in shared playlist works, picked directly from search shows above mentioned error message. 

What do you think, can this be fixed?

Hey @HGAbaddon

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sending this info.

Could you send over the links to a few of these songs that worked in shared playlists but not directly in the app?

This way we'll take a better look and see what else to suggest. 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reports and the troubleshooting done so far.

We've reported this to the relevant team, who are currently taking a closer look.

We'll keep you posted on any updates on the matter here, as soon as there are any.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we've been looking into this!

We have some more info to share. Right now, these albums are not available on Spotify. You can learn more about availability of content here.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for the info, although this is very sad news for the kids. I already assumed this was not a technical but a licensing issue. 

Would be great to have this content back, as it is very popular here. 

Hey @HGAbaddon

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear this was able to shed some light into what's happening. 

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we've passed it along to the right team as we constantly aim to improve Spotify and the content available on the platform.

We'll be here if you have any questions.  

Hello Xenia,
the linked article provides no actual explanation for the problem described by HGAbaddon and unfortunately experienced also by me and my family. I don't know why HGAbaddon accepted your answer as the content that leads to the described error message ("Hoppla! (…)") is available and playable on Spotify in general. But it is not playable on – at least German – Spotify-Kids although the affected content is even advertised on Spotify-Kids. For example "LEGO Ninjago" is suggested on the screen after starting Spotify-Kids on our Android-devices. But as soon as you try to select it the error message appears:
"Hoppla!
Dies ist gerade nicht verfügbar."

Please do solve this problem.
Thank you in advance.

I have the same issue. I can play e.g. Ninjago on my adult account but not on the kids account. How can that be a license issue? 

My understanding is, they have the Ninjago License only for Spotify, not for Spotify Kids. 

Is this the explanation? I'm having exactly the same issue with the Big Life Kids Podcast. I've added these to a playlist for my son and shared this on his Kids profile. Although he can see them, they don't play (with the aforementioned error message displayed). I can listen fine from my adult account, but it's slightly farcical if he (a kid, the intended audience) can't listen from his kids account... 

Dear Spotify Team, 

these same issues still persist after a few years now. Is this going to be solved soon? Otherwise, what is the point of a kid account in a family plan if my kid still needs to use my account half the time? Thanks. 

Obviously, nothing changed with regard to Lego Ninjago. It‘s not playable with Spotify Kids.

Suggested posts