Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create "Family Member" for Sonos

Solved!

Create "Family Member" for Sonos

Hello,

Is it possible to use one of the available members for the family plan to create a dedicated account for my Sonos system? Would I need to create a separate email address for that? It's annoying when I am listening to music on my laptop or phone and my wife turns on the Sonos so I'd prefer to just create a separate profile for my Sonos system. 

Thanks,

C

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @chrissundberg,

Thanks for clarifying that.

As per the Premium Family T&Cs, each subsidiary account in the Family plan has to belong to a member of that Family plan.

If you decide to create a new account, you should make sure that it doesn't use the same email address as an existing account (in this case yours).

Hope that answers your question!

Take care for now 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @chrissundberg,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community.

You can add multiple Spotify accounts to one Sonos account and switch between the two accounts. You can find out how to do that in this Sonos support article.

If you're looking to do something different, do you mind clarifying exactly how you'd like to be able to listen to music on your Sonos? Once we know that, we'll have a better idea of what to suggest next.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi Peter,

That's close to what I am trying to do. Maybe I can provide a little more clarity though. 

Rather than having multiple Spotify accounts on Sonos (e.g. my Spotify account, my wife's Spotify account) which is what I believe you are suggesting, I want to have one Spotify account, but for that account to be only for Sonos. So if my current family plan has my account and my wife's account, I would like to create a third account in the family plan to be used only with Sonos. 

My underlying question I guess, is how can I create that new account in my family plan? Can I use my email address or do I need a different email address to create a new account? 

Really appreciate your help!

Marked as solution

Hey @chrissundberg,

Thanks for clarifying that.

As per the Premium Family T&Cs, each subsidiary account in the Family plan has to belong to a member of that Family plan.

If you decide to create a new account, you should make sure that it doesn't use the same email address as an existing account (in this case yours).

Hope that answers your question!

Take care for now 🙂

Hi,

I'm having a problem that my wife's Spotify pauses when I play from a playlist she has created on Sonos and vice versa

Is this the way to stop that from happening? Is there an alternative? What happens when a playlist is made from multiple devices? do they all have to be free in order to ever play that list again? This seems like a bug.

Hey there @meetmeat,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!  

Sounds like you might be both logged in to the same account. We recommend that you both log out of the app and then back in with your personal accounts. 

If you want to enjoy each others playlist, you can share them between accounts. The recipient can then follow the playlist via the heart button and it will be automatically saved in their library. This way both users can play the same playlist on different devices

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts