Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Creating a new account because of address change for family

Solved!

Creating a new account because of address change for family

Plan

Premium / Family

Country

U.S.

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Since Spotify is not robust enough to allow a user to make a simple change to their address, all the help articles state you must sign out of all devices and create a new account if you need to change the address on your family plan.

Question: When I create a new account, presuming I'll still be using my same Facebook login to "create a new account" will it remember my playlists? Downloads? etc.....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

****ISSUE RESOLVED****

Here's the 411 for anyone reading.  As noted above, the biggest frustration I had was that I may not be able to use my same Facebook account, but that IS NOT the case. Follow this and you'll be fine....

• You MUST kill your account and create a new one to change your address if you have a Premium Family Account
  • You MUST contact SpotifyCares.  THEY ARE GREAT TO WORK WITH!!

After you do, they will get your confirmation and kill your account and (here's the important piece) disconnect your email address.  Then, here is how you get everthing back....

1. Confirm to SpotifyCares that you want your account removed
  2. Get their confirmation that it has been removed and your emali address released
  3. Create a new account using your email address
  4. Contact SpotifyCares that your new account is created
  5. SpotifyCares will move everything you had (playlists and such) back over to your new account (only loss is recently played, no biggie)
  6. Your account is set to back to new and fresh, so it's free
  7. Upgrade your account back to the Premium Family
  8. Open the app and go to Social settings and connect it with your Facebook account

That's it!  This shouldn't be this difficult, but KUDOS to SpotifyCares team! Great to work with and VERY QUICK RESPONSE time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

If you create a new account , you probably won't be able to use the same facebook login as before. You will lose your playlists, but you can always ask @SpotifyCares to make a content transfer of your playlists.

You should try contacting SpotifyCares through either of these:

Have a wonderful day!

Leo

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

Sooooo.... because Spotify isn't robust enough to include a simple capability to change an address, I have to re-create an account and not use my only FB account?  How is this even a reasonable solution?  What, do they expect you to create a new FB account too? Geesh. I'll try the Spotify"cares" route and see what they say.  

I agree with you, it's a very poor situation for this not to be easily achievable. I'm having similar issues (although mine is just the name that needs updating rather than address). I've already spoken to the help team and they've said there is no way to do this, so my only option is to close an account I've head for many years, sign a new one up and just continue there. I'm not doing that, Spotify need to allow users to change, correct and update information on accounts.

My thread is over here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Family-Student/Invites-show-strange-name/td-p/4579844

Marked as solution

****ISSUE RESOLVED****

Here's the 411 for anyone reading.  As noted above, the biggest frustration I had was that I may not be able to use my same Facebook account, but that IS NOT the case. Follow this and you'll be fine....

• You MUST kill your account and create a new one to change your address if you have a Premium Family Account
  • You MUST contact SpotifyCares.  THEY ARE GREAT TO WORK WITH!!

After you do, they will get your confirmation and kill your account and (here's the important piece) disconnect your email address.  Then, here is how you get everthing back....

1. Confirm to SpotifyCares that you want your account removed
  2. Get their confirmation that it has been removed and your emali address released
  3. Create a new account using your email address
  4. Contact SpotifyCares that your new account is created
  5. SpotifyCares will move everything you had (playlists and such) back over to your new account (only loss is recently played, no biggie)
  6. Your account is set to back to new and fresh, so it's free
  7. Upgrade your account back to the Premium Family
  8. Open the app and go to Social settings and connect it with your Facebook account

That's it!  This shouldn't be this difficult, but KUDOS to SpotifyCares team! Great to work with and VERY QUICK RESPONSE time.

Suggested posts