Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daughters Spotify music is stopped when wife uses her Spotify account

Daughters Spotify music is stopped when wife uses her Spotify account

Hi All,

My daughter has a problem listening to her Spotify account when the wife uses her Spotify. She'll be listening to her music in the house and outside using either her Iphone or her WiFi speaker. When the wife uses her account on a Sonos or Amazon Dot it stops the daughters music and replaces it with the wife's. We have the Family premium account and I thought the family could play their individual music without interference. It will even show on the daughters iPhone while logged in her account that it's playing the wife's music. 

Can anyone help please?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Device

(iPhone, Amazon Dot, Samsung Note 9)

11 Replies

Hey @Nurseman, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

One great thing about Premium for Family, is that each member has their own, unique Premium account where they can get all the great benefits of Premium without interruptions. 

In your case, it seems like what happened is that both your wife and your daughter are using the same account. If they already have a Spotify account, you should be able to link their account to your plan. If they don't yet, make sure they sign up here.

Please make sure that everyone on your plan has their own Premium account on your plan. There's also more info on Premium for Family here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help or if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

Thanks for the reply, Both my wife and daughter have the premium account so I'm stumped at what could be wrong. Any other Ideas?

Thanks again!

Hey @Nurseman.

Thanks for getting back to me! If both your wife and daughter are using the same Spotify account, they will have to listen on the account one at a time. As mentioned in my last reply, one benefit of Premium for Family is that everyone on the plan has their own account so that there are no interruptions when listening to their favorite tunes. 

Please use the links I provided in my last reply, to link both of the accounts to your plan so that they can get their own Premium account and listen without interruption.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy-J,

Sorry Billy-J I should have expanded on my answer. Both of them have separate accounts and separate logins and hence my confusion why having the separate logins they stop each others music. I'm very puzzled at how two sepatate accounts can interfere with each other even when they're both not in the house.

Nurseman

Hey @Nurseman.

Thanks for the clarification 🙂 

Can you let me know if your family members are connecting to the Amazon Echo Dot via Bluetooth, or do they have their accounts linked to the device via the Echo companion app?

Also, in regards to the latter, your daughter should make sure she unlinks her Spotify account from the Amazon Echo Dot before your wife tries to listen to music on it in order to avoid any interference.

Billy-JSpotify Star

I’m having a very similar problem with my family plan. My three kids all have Google homes and they all have  individual logging accounts. Every time they go into their bedrooms to listen to music individually on their Google homes they cancel each other’s music , they fight about who gets to use Spotify because they cannot listen to their own individual music on their devices at the same time using spotify.  I thought having the family plan would enable them to listen To music at the same time on their own separate devices?

Please help me as this has become a fight in my house when they want to listen to music

Hey @Jcote24.

Could you ask your kids to try unlinking and then relinking their Spotify and Google Home accounts?

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello,

Have the same problem. Wifes music stops if I starting my playlist. Even if we listen over headphone or one connected to the amp and other connected to boom box...

She has made her own account 2 days it worked, this morning she was logged out and spotify shows her a complet different lggin mail she has putted in first time. ??!!

Could you give please advice  Thx

Hey @Jcote24, @Nurseman, and @Sacha2.

Thanks for the reply! 

Could you let me know if this happens when using an Amazon Echo or Google Home device? 

If this happens from your mobile devices, please try logging out of all of your devices from your account page. Then, you can log in with their own Spotify account on their device.

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have a similar issue.... I can't listen to Spotify on my account when using the desktop app at my office, or in the car (Android auto) because my wife is trying to listen to her Spotify at home using a Google home mini speaker.  We have separate premium accounts under the family plan, but this issue wasn't an issue until a couple months ago....   We have both logged out and relogged onto our accounts, but the issue persists.

Hi @1240502036!

It's possible that your account the one that's currently linked to your Google Home mini speaker. What you can do is unlink it, then link her Spotify account instead by following the steps in this article.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts