Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daughters account cancelled from family plan because she is travelling.

Daughters account cancelled from family plan because she is travelling.

I own a family account for five years now and gave my daughter one account. For three years, I have been divorced with my daughter switching olaves between her moms house and mine.

last week, i was informed that her account was under suspicion and tah she should provide information confirmation of her current adress. Tha email never made it into her mailbox (yes, spam folder was checked), so she/we could never provide any information.

now her account was set back to basic and after contacting the support chat, they basically referred my to the conditions of the family plan and that all members must stream from the same adress. 

And on top, that they couldn’t do anything at this time, as she is in Spain on holidays with her mother, so any new invitation code would not work in the system.

what kind of 18th century family picture is that.

could Spotify officially confirm that there is no family plan for divorced kids????

that is pityfull.

Regards

Holger

5 Replies

Hey @Holger-berlin,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community about this.

I understand that your family situation is such that your daughter is not living permanently with you. Currently, the Family plan does not accommodate for this, and it requires all members of a Family plan to be living at the same address. 

However, if you feel strongly about this, you can create an idea in the Ideas Exchange here and get others to vote for it, if a similar idea doesn't already exist. The more votes it gets, the more likely it is to be implemented by Spotify.

Thanks again for raising this. If you have any other questions regarding the Family plan, I'll be happy to answer them for you here.

Take care!'

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I literally just posted about a similar situation.  It's also distressing to have to post publicly on the forum about our legal situations.  Unbelievable.  In my case, I'm the stepmother, and have a different last name from everyone, but that doesn't make me any less their family.  I still live with their father, and we have his kids 3-4 times every week.

So essentially, no divorced children where parents have shared custody can pariticpate in a FAMILY plan because they don't have a permanent residence and they live part-time at one parents' house and part time in another?

Thanks Maxim, but in this case, don't you think creating an idea in the Ideas Exchange would be a waste of Holger's time?  It's clear Spotify is not open to the idea of parents sharing custody of their children, as the idea has been posted and closed by Spotify repeatedly already.

Hey everyone,

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for any more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

That'll allow them to have a closer look at each case individually.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts