Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device Disappears from List

Device Disappears from List

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Anyone have problems with Spotify staying listed on Amazon devices? We have a show 5, 3 dots, and our computer on my husband’s account. We share a Family Premium Account. The listing appears and disappears!

3 Replies

Hi @Gramsandy,

I'm a bit puzzled with the statment: we share a premium family account. 

The thing is you can not share an account. Each family member has its own account, as soon as two people are going to use the same account, one of them will stop.

Regards,

René 

We have Premium Family. According to Spotify :
“Every family member invited to Premium Family gets their own Premium account, so you can each play your own music whenever you want. You don't need to use each other's login details or schedule time when you can use Spotify. And because you now have separate accounts, music recommendations are tailored to your individual tastes.”

Hi @Gramsandy

Yes that's what I mean also. It can become a bit more complex with all those speakers. Let's first take a simple scenario. 4 family member, each one has its own phone and its own account, all the accounts can listen  simultaneously on their device.

But now we got a speaker. It differs a bit per device and sometimes you have multiple options. For example I have a sonos speaker. To listen with the sonos app I have to configure a spotify account, let's say it's mine. Then my wife opens the sonos app to play music but then my account is used. If i was listening on my phone, it would stop. But I can also choose to not use the sonos app but use the spotify app, I then can connect to the sonos and play music with my account. If my wife plays music with the spotify app and also connects to sonod then the sonos will play her music with her account.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

René

Suggested posts