Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Différent Country

Solved!

Différent Country

Plan

Premium Family

Country I originally created a Spotify account in France. I am currently in the US with my family

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have only 2 users under my family plan. When I try to plug in my son who lives with me, the system says that I am trying to access from a different country and does not let me proceed.

I created my account in France while living there. I now moved to the US with all my family. I want to continue using my account as is so that the content remains French, playlists and suggestions and podcasts. However I would like to add my son. How can I do this? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @griffiv, and @kloles, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Maybe I can help.

In order to be able to accept the invite, every member should have the same address and country. They can check here if they have added the same country as you. They can follow these steps, if they need to update it.

Then you can invite them again to the Premium Family plan. After they have accepted the invite, they can enjoy the Premium features.
If they gets an error message, you can attach a screenshot and I’ll take a look.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @kloles, and @griffiv You’re welcome! Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it. 

Just to answer @kloles question, when you change counties, most songs should be available in the new country, but if they’re not available — it may be due to licensing and content availability in your area. More info here.

If you both need help with anything else, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I'm having the same issue trying to add my daughter. I have a Canadian account and I tried to add her on a recent trip to Mexico but it wouldn't work. So I have tried again back here in Canada and now it says - even though the addresses match and her location settings are reading that her device is in the same house - that she has to be in the same country to join family premium. I can't figure it out.🤷🏼‍♀️

Please let me know if you have any resolution.

Marked as solution

Hey @griffiv, and @kloles, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Maybe I can help.

In order to be able to accept the invite, every member should have the same address and country. They can check here if they have added the same country as you. They can follow these steps, if they need to update it.

Then you can invite them again to the Premium Family plan. After they have accepted the invite, they can enjoy the Premium features.
If they gets an error message, you can attach a screenshot and I’ll take a look.

Billy-JSpotify Star

It worked!! Thank you so much. I just assumed it was to do with the iPad
location settings and not the backend of Spotify. Thanks! Yay!

Thank you, I have not found a resolution yet. I even asked a friend in France to try and connect my son’s account from France and we still get the message saying that we are in different Countries. My son is 14 so he is definitely not in another country or in another house than me. 

Thank you billy J, I will see but the problem is that I don’t want to change my French account into a US one. I am afraid that it is going to impact the suggested content. I miss my country and with Spotify I can have my French music and French podcasts etc... do you know if all of this goes away if I change countries in my account?

@billy-J you are a rock star! You solved my problem! It works now! Thanks so much

Thank you Billy-J you are a rock star!
Marked as solution

Hey @kloles, and @griffiv You’re welcome! Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it. 

Just to answer @kloles question, when you change counties, most songs should be available in the new country, but if they’re not available — it may be due to licensing and content availability in your area. More info here.

If you both need help with anything else, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks very much Billy-J. I assumed you worked for Spotify. I’d give it 10 likes if I could. You are a roach-star mate! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks for the supplemental info on changing countries. Really useful Billy-J!

Suggested posts