Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email invitation is not sent to when adding family member

Solved!

Email invitation is not sent to when adding family member

Hi,

I have a family account where I have added 2 family members (wife and daughter) but when I add my son no mail is sent to him. I have tried it several times to resend and to start over from beginning but no mail is sent. All of the family members have emails with extension  @telia.com, Bur he is the only one not receiving the invitation. His email is working fine otherwise. We are all living on the same address.

Any suggestion?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community @frejaba

I know this sounds very simple, but could you check your son's spam folder. Maybe the mail is being sent, but it just landed in the spam folder. 

Otherwise could you just send the invite email to YOUR email and forward it to him. From there if he clicks on the link I'm not sure if his credentials are going to be added automatically, but if he's logged in with his Spotify account in the browser the page will open, everything should be fine. 

Tell me if this works,

Leo

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Having no spotify premium isn't cool! Usually these kind of things happen, because of your web browsers cache. So try doing the following things:

• Try opening the link in a private/incognito tab.
    • If that doesn't work, change browser and clear both browsers cache.
    Lastly if that doesn't work either, try opening the webpage on another device, that should do the trick!

Tell me how things work out 🙂

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Thanks,

I have tried all of your suggestions but there is no mail being sent. Maybe I need to register another mail account but it should not be necessary. Seems someone need to clear something in Spotifys member database.

Any more suggestions?

I am having exactly the same problem

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community @frejaba

I know this sounds very simple, but could you check your son's spam folder. Maybe the mail is being sent, but it just landed in the spam folder. 

Otherwise could you just send the invite email to YOUR email and forward it to him. From there if he clicks on the link I'm not sure if his credentials are going to be added automatically, but if he's logged in with his Spotify account in the browser the page will open, everything should be fine. 

Tell me if this works,

Leo

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Same problem here. No mail in my spam folder either.. 

The mail was not in the spam filter

but I sent the mail to me and then forwarded it as you suggested and that worked. Thank you for your help

Solved indeed 

No worries! All the Rock stars and I are https://open.spotify.com/track/7vqUr6K2Js9Paq4kdNSOm6. Have a nice day 🙂

have you figured it out? I find spotify isn't so user friendly. I tried to add my husband as well.

Suggested posts