Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 408 Spotify Family

Error 408 Spotify Family

Hi everyone,

I am having issues connecting to spotify from my laptop.

I have a spotify family subscription, it is working fine on my phone, my wife's phone, my brother's phone but when i try to log in with my own account on my laptop, it says "error 408, the country does not match with the one of your profile"

I live in France, my profile is set to "France", i have no VPN, i checked the firewall and still, it is just not working.

I tried to update my country in my profile and i can't update it, even with a family subscription... does it mean that a spotify family acount provides less flexibility than a premium account?

This does not seem really logical to me...

Otherwise, the app is amazing on phone, I enjoy it, just disappointed I cannot use it on my laptop when it should be working.

1 Reply

Hey @titotou!

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the community.

The error code you're getting, pops up when you have a Free account and try to use it from a different country after 14 days of being abroad.

In this case, you might have two different Spotify accounts, a Free account (giving you a hard time on your laptop) and the Premium account you use on your phone without any trouble.

Let's make sure you're logging in using the correct credentials. Also, try typing your username and password, instead of the full email address and password to log in.

If you're still having trouble with this, we suggest contacting our support team via Facebook or Twitter. They'll track down any accounts that might be causing this issue and help you close them to avoid future inconveniences.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts