FAMILY AND ECHO ALEXA

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: FAMILY AND ECHO ALEXA

Visitor

Same issues. 5 Echoes in the house (3kids, wife and I). Want to keep the kids Echoes linked to parental Amazon accounts . Have Spotify family. Problem: Kids can't play their own music on their Echoes without it cutting out what I'm listening to, even when I'm listening to Spotify on my smart phone. Kids are too young to have own phones (before someone suggests that again!). Spotify, its time to sort this out. Otherwise you lose not only my subscription but the kids future subscriptions too....

Highlighted

Visitor
This is not a solution. It is an inappropriate work around that breaks Alexa in the process.
Highlighted

Visitor

I really cannot believe this.

I've had premium (solo) for 2 years (free through phone), and have put up with the kids cutting off my music, because it was free.

That has now ended so signed up straight away for 'family'. Only to find that my 6 echo dots (which are obviously under one account to enable the most from them, AND my kids are way too young to have their own amazon accounts) are essentially not compatible and we CANNOT play different songs at the same time in different rooms on different echo dots.

THIS, if correct, IS SIMPLY LUDICROUS.

Please could I ask for confirmation that this is how it is, and I'm not missing something obvious.

And whilst I'm here, does anyone know if the Amazon Music equivalent works any better?

Thank you in advance.

Neil

Highlighted

Visitor

Unfortunately this looks like the end of Spotify for me. I originally had amazon music family,  and had no problem with the kids listening to what they want on their alexas,  while I'm listening to my own music on phone,  car or alexa. So halfway through listening to slayer now on Spotify,  suddenly eurovision or some other nonsense starts playing!! It would be funny if it wasn't sooooooooooooo frustrating. 

I didn't like amazon music app,  but it does the job we are all looking for.

Does anyone know if apple music works on different alexas?

SUGGESTED POSTS