FAMILY AND ECHO ALEXA

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: FAMILY AND ECHO ALEXA

someGuy22
Casual Listener
I agree. I have been battling this for a while. Didn't realize the other music services support this function natively. I love the Spotify app and will be sad to move one...but it doesn't appear that this functionality is on the roadmap anytime soon.
Highlighted

This limitation is causing me to explore other services

royalt73
Casual Listener

I got my boy (7) a kids Echo for Christmas and I just discovered this limitation.  I setup a family member account for him in my Spotify Family Plan (with explicit content turned off). I connected his dot to my Amazon account and now he can take over the spotify because there is no way to connect his Echo to his Spotify account. The Alexa app only allows for account linking to one Spotify account and there are no device specific settings for configuring unique music services.

This appears to be limitations in both apps, but if using Amazon Unlimited resolves this, I have to consider rebuilding my playlists. I just need to research the comparison in recommendation engines.

Highlighted

Re: This limitation is causing me to explore other services

rich760
Casual Listener
Use MusConv software. I did.
Highlighted

rich760
Casual Listener
This is a serious issue that Spotify need to address. I downgraded our account this month and know others that have - and you can see that this isn't isolated. I'm happy to return when / if this is sorted. Until then I'm with Amazon Music Family.
Highlighted

russ_a_jones
Regular

Interested in how the Amazon Family Unlimited works if you can help? I did try the 30 day trial this weekend after being inspired after reading a few posts on here, but I got so frustrated after I spent hours trying to set everything up and gave up in the end. Help forums didn’t really answer the questions I had.

I registered one of my kids for an amazon account and setup a dummy playlist for him. I setup an amazon household and added my wife and him to it on my amazon account which the echos are registered to. but I couldn’t manage to switch to his account? I could only switch between my wife or my accounts and that seemed a bit temperamental too.

What general voice commands should My family be using to play music from different accounts to different echos?

also there didn’t seem to be an easy way to convert a Spotify playlist to amazon? Any ideas how to do this so that I don’t start from scratch if I do give it another try?

Thanks

Russ

Highlighted

rich760
Casual Listener
For Playlist conversion, I used MusConv software. Still setting up the family accounts atm.
Highlighted

russ_a_jones
Regular

Ok great, is that a free or paid converter?

Let me know how you get on setting up the family, I’m interested to see how it works

Thanks again

Highlighted

rich760
Casual Listener
Paid. But £6 for a month - then cancel. Good YouTube tutorial and very easy to use.
Did 30+ playlists in a few hours in the background whilst working. The only issue will be if you have some random tracks it struggles to find a match for.
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey all,

If you're interested in using multiplate Alexa speakers at the same time, you'll need to not only have separate Spotify accounts, but also separate Amazon accounts. This is so because only one Spotify account can be linked to an Amazon account.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

someGuy22
Casual Listener
This is not a workable solution for a family with young children. Please look into doing better.
SUGGESTED POSTS