FAMILY AND ECHO ALEXA

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: FAMILY AND ECHO ALEXA

Casual Listener
Have to agree with someGuy22. For Spotify to suggest that the workable solution is for each family member; including minors, to have both a Spotify and amazon account is ridiculous. This product is not "Premium for Family". This product is "Premium for Family ... Oh, expect for families with young children 'cause screw you guys!".
Highlighted

Casual Listener

It would be helpful if you put up a link on how to do this, we have two amazon accounts and a family Spotify account, still searching for what I need to do

Highlighted

Hey there @rowets

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

Do you mind checking out this help page? It includes useful steps on how to connect your Spotify account to your Alexa device. You'll also find a link to the Amazon help site, in case you need further assistance.   

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Regular

But doesn't help re Family issue that that this thread highlights

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for the link, I've got it setup so my wife can play her spotify account (family membership) on the alexa in the kitchen whilst I play using my account on a different alexa.

However, she has to keep swapping to her account manually by saying 'Alexa, swap accounts'. The alexa recognises her voice but apparently it's not possible to automatically swap accounts based on voice.

Also, when she is using her account, none of the lights etc can be controlled. So she would have to switch back to my account, the music would probably stop, turn on the light, switch back to her account and then carry on with music.

This is an awful implementation, really disappointed. I like Spotify but I'm seriously thinking of moving to the Apple music where people are saying you don't have these problems 😞 What can be done to improve this?

Highlighted

Agreed. Why have a family acct if I can’t use it for my family on different devices? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I just signed up for Spotify Family today, 1 month free trial, and this is the first thing I wanted to try to do (we're an Amazon household with 4 people and a number of Echo devices). The fact that it's impossible to have my kids link to their own Spotify accounts using our Alexa/Echo devices is a non-starter for me; I'll use the trial for a month but will likely go and see what Apple Music can do.
Highlighted

Hello, 

My solution. Spotify family has 6 accounts. If you have one spare account create one for Alexa. Link this new account to Alexa. If you want to use your Spotify account with Alexa say Spotify Connect before listening to music. If not if you ask Alexa to play music it will use the Alexa one.

You can filter explicit content in this Alexa account and also add it to the Family Mix. it is not an ideal solution but it is better than nothing.

Regards,

Carlos

Highlighted

Visitor
Carlos gave the solution guys...
Thank you about that @crramirez
Highlighted

Casual Listener
He gave a workaround... it may address his needs, and that's great. It doesn't address mine, and Spotify doesn't seem interested in solving this problem, so I cancelled my Spotify account and have moved on.
SUGGESTED POSTS