Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Familiar Plan shutdowned when Student actived

Familiar Plan shutdowned when Student actived

My Question or Issue

My account was the owner of the Familiar Plan, I have shutdowned the renovation and started the Student Plan, the deadline for the familiar plan was 22/1(payed until that  day) and now its been canceled and family who were with me in the family plan now they dont have premium.

How it could be solved?

3 Replies

Hey @adriantomas, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

To confirm, you started the student discount, and that removed everyone from the Premium for Family plan?

Let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I've moved to the student plan, I ve confirmed it, then family members lost the premium.

Hey @adriantomas.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, if you're the head of the Premium for Family plan, it's normal to lose your other members when you switch plans.

The Premium for Students plan and Premium for Family are two different plans. Premium for Students is an individual student discount, at a cheaper price for students 18 years of age and over, and attend a college or university.  There's more info here.

On the other hand, Premium for Family is a plan where you and 6 other members can be on the same plan, and the payment gets tied to the head of the account. There's more info here.

So now that you've switched, you've lost the benefit of Premium for Family, so this is normal when you switch plans. 

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts