Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Account what for if you can’t listen on different devices at the same time?

Solved!

Family Account what for if you can’t listen on different devices at the same time?

Hi. I have a family account. But every time my wife wants to listen to Spotify on the road and me at the same time either at home or somewhere else, one of the accounts gets paused. This is quite irritating, because I thought this is the whole idea about a family account. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Bashman2007,

I'd recommend making sure that all family members are logged into their own Spotify accounts.

It's possible that you're not able to listen to music at the same time because you are all logged into the same account in the app.

Thanks, and let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Bashman2007,

I'd recommend making sure that all family members are logged into their own Spotify accounts.

It's possible that you're not able to listen to music at the same time because you are all logged into the same account in the app.

Thanks, and let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks, one follow up: If everyone else is using their own accounts to log in, then we have to pay 4xPremium so that everyone can listen to Spotify without adverts. Which quite hefty but you can argue that’s how it is. But why offering then Spotify Premium Family? A little bit of a swindle isn’t it? Because of you ask a 100 people what they would expect from that I bet that a fat majority would say that each family member can listen to Premium simultaneously and to different music. 

Thanks, one follow up: If everyone else is using their own accounts to log in, then we have to pay 4xPremium so that everyone can listen to Spotify without adverts. Which quite hefty but you can argue that’s how it is. But why offering then Spotify Premium Family? A little bit of a swindle isn’t it? Because of you ask a 100 people what they would expect from that I bet that a fat majority would say that each family member can listen to Premium simultaneously and to different music. 

That's exactly not how it is 🙂

Sounds like you don't know how to invite the accounts to the plan. But no worries, you can find instructions on how to manage the plan members at https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

Once their accounts are added to the plan, they'll all be able to enjoy all the Premium features on their accounts with no restrictions.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts