Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Members cannot sign up

Solved!

Family Members cannot sign up

Hi there,

I'm a long time Spotify Premium user, and have recently signed up for the Family Subscription. I have two family members which reside at the same address, but have bank accounts in different locations.

When i invited them, Spotify told them that they need to have a bank account in the same country as my account. Spotify's description of the service is that the user only need reside at the same address.

How can i get them signed up?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Drazor,

Unfortunately there's not really a way to fix this.

There are a few possible options:

• You update your payment method to a spanish payment method and wait until your next billing date so that your country setting will be updated to Spain
  • Your family members use their UK payment method to upgrade to Premium so their country setting will be set to United Kingdom.
  • Make your family members visit the UK (eg. London) so that they can update their country setting to United Kingdom when they're there (this is probably the most difficult and unhandy option).

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-settin...

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Drazor,

Can you please post the exact error message that they're seeing?

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

So i just tried once more to see the exact message with the family member...

I'm now providing more information since i think i understand the problem.

We live in the south of Spain and we all work in Gibraltar.

Gibraltar is part of the UK on the border of Spain, has English companies there like gambling companies and banks like Natwest.

My Spotify account profile is set to the UK.

This is so that my application is in English and in order to use my UK bank.

In past experience - if i change my profile/billing to spain, the application is in Spanish and requests a Spanish bank - which i do not have.

Family members attempt to sign in using their facebook account, which of course says they live in Spain.

The error message states that the user must have an account in the same country as me.

You can see that the issue here is that we do in fact live at the same address - in Spain - but Spotify is unable to see/know this - can this be fixed by an employee at Spotify?

Hope someone can help... i love the idea of being able to share my account with my family.

Marked as solution

Hey @Drazor,

Unfortunately there's not really a way to fix this.

There are a few possible options:

• You update your payment method to a spanish payment method and wait until your next billing date so that your country setting will be updated to Spain
  • Your family members use their UK payment method to upgrade to Premium so their country setting will be set to United Kingdom.
  • Make your family members visit the UK (eg. London) so that they can update their country setting to United Kingdom when they're there (this is probably the most difficult and unhandy option).

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-settin...

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for your reply, ive now updated my payment method to a spanish bank and will await to see if it allows me to invite family members.
If it does, I'll accept this answer ๐Ÿ˜Š. Thanks for your help.

Hi Maxim,

Just a recent update.

I managed to change my billing to a spanish payment method. Thankfully the language of the application has not changed to Spanish (English preferred).

This is the selected solution.

Thanks for your help

Suggested posts