Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Members with a different address

Family Members with a different address

Hi Hi,

I'm having a small issue and still haven't found a solution to it. My boyfriend tried to add me to his family at Spotify as a family member but we realized that our accounts need to be made in the same country, I guess. I'm currently living in Austria because of work and he's from the USA. So my question is, is there any possibility to change this somehow? Both of our accounts are bounded to your Facebook accounts.Apparently you can change your country in your profile via dropdown which is there but I can just choose "Austria" and nothing else. I'd rather keep my account, but if I have to, I'll probably try to make a new one, but that's just silly... Hope anyone has an advice.

Thankies in advance! ❤️

~Nya

7 Replies

Hey @Nyali,

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to join the plan until you're living at the home of the plan owner again.

To invite someone to a Premium for Family subscription, they must:

• Reside at the same physical address as the plan owner.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The thing is this is just temporary since I'm still working in out of the states and so how can I fix this when I get back home to him? Same issue again, how can I change my physical address?

Hey @Nyali,

When you're back in the US you can update your account's country setting on this page:  https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

MaximSpotify Star

Well like I said, that's not possible since there's no other country listed than "Austria" in the dropdown. Or is this going to change once it recognizes my old IP address in the states? I'm not very sure how this works, tbh. Quite restricted and messes up pretty much everything. Never had an issue until now since I'm traveling a lot and my Premium just ran out, so we decided to get the Family Plan by Spotify but rip me...

Yeah, you'll be able to change your country setting to United States when you're living back in the US. You won't be able to do that right now because you're in Austria.

MaximSpotify Star

Okay, got it. I'll still poke the support about it since my physical address needs to be changed anyway so I won't have further issues in the future. Not planning on moving away in time soon. Thankies for the help, I'll try it out and see how that goes. ;/

My boyfriend lives in my house but hes address is on his old house aill i be able to join him to my family plan. We both live in the same STATE

Suggested posts