Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan Google Mini Promo (AU) not working

Family Plan Google Mini Promo (AU) not working

I've clicked the link on the Google Mini promo offer, got an email to order and when clicking link on google, the order fails as per below. Is it the promo from Spotify that's the problem or google?

It’s not you, it’s us. We’re working on fixing the problem. Check back soon.

Error code: PBRE

What should I do?

11 Replies

Hey @arrikhan, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try this using a different browser or incognito mode? If you already got an email with your code, try redeeming it. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same thing happens to me does not work when I go incognito or try another browser

just tried to REDEEM the mini as well on the AU website and ended up with the same error

It’s not you, it’s us. We’re working on fixing the problem. Check back soon.

Error code: PBRE

Hey folks!

Could you try checking to see if you were successfully able to order in here?

If it doesn't show anything there, let's give it another try in an incognito or private window in your browser:

1. Log into Spotify
  2. Go to spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
  3. Select the color of the device and click 'Buy'

If that still doesn't help, I'd recommend waiting 24 hours, trying this again - and let me know if the issue still persists.

Keep me updated 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

how long did it take for the email to come through with the promo code? I upgraded earlier today and still havent received the GHM promo code. (AU)

I haven't received any email yet with a code. I just went to the site where I signed up and it said click here to claim your GHM and led to that message. 

This feels kind of dodgey. How can they do a promotion like this and not have any follow up email in regards to the main reason people would upgrade?

Even if it does take time to get a code there should be a 'expect your code to come soon' email. But no. 

I just upgraded from Premium to Family Premium for my sons and I got the same issue.  How long do we need to wait for the email to redeem?

I have no idea. The only thing I've pieced together from forums is that people are being told to wait 24 hours and maybe they'll get lucky. But basically you upgrade and left in the dark in terms of what's happening. I wonder where this kind of practice sits with the ACCC. 

I just send a direct message to Twitter account @SpotifyCares with my account email address. A lot of people are complaining about the same issue and SpofifyCare asking people to send DM with the account email address. 

I will let you know how I go.

Ok. I got the following reply...

Hey there! We recommend trying again in 24-48 hours. If you still don't receive your code, give us a shout and we'll take a closer look. We'll be right here /LB

Hey all!

Here's steps on how to participate. It's alright if you don't receive the promo code via e-mail as you can see in step 2.

1. Register for the Google Home Mini  offer here.
  2. Redeem the Google Home Mini here. You don't need the code from the e-mail.
  3. Follow the steps to the Google Store checkout
  4. Log in with your Spotify account
  5. Select color and click 'Buy'

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts