Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan? Nope!

Family Plan? Nope!

Why is it called a "family" plan when it's not really a family plan at all?

It should be called a household plan. I want to share my "family plan" with my boys and my sister. They are family but they don't live with me. My boys live with their mother who won't get Spotify for them and my sister only works part time and is trying to manage a household on her own. Spotify is not in her budget. Although if I were an immigrant with 10 of my friends living in my house, I would be able to share it with 6 of them, even if they weren't my family. Doesn't make much sense to me. Works good for them, but not for most families these days. I really wish there were another music service that has the music selection that Spotify does, or that Spotify management would wake up to the needs of it's loyal customers. This is only one of many issues I have and if I could find a different service, I would switch in a heartbeat. I despise monopolies. I know there is competition so it's not technically a monopoly but there isn't another one with the sheer music selection and that's the only thing that keeps me around!

5 Replies

Hey @Dell_Ray ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend checking out the latest update on this idea. You can also share your feedback there in the comments.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a similar situation!

Hi There @coconut5and2

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. As of right now, the Family Plan is a Plan where 6 people have to live in the same house address. So your Sister and Boys are not eligible until you all live in the same household.

As @Maxim sent the link, they are not currently doing this feature right now.

Have a great day.

Yeah, that just **bleep** me off more and goes to show how arrogant and ignorant management is. They want our money but won't even consider our requests. Man I can't wait to say goodbye to Spotify. Maybe after this evenings posts, they'll ban me and cancel my subscription. I couldn't be so blessed though. Or could I? Think I'll go see what's up at YouTube, just in case!

Yup, I see where that went. Par for the course with Spotify, a great big FU!

Well FU 2 Spotify, I just subscribed to YouTube Music's Premium service for the trial run and if it suits my needs better, when the trial is over I might just make the switch permanently.

Suggested posts