Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan - Unable to Join

Solved!

Family Plan - Unable to Join

Plan

Currently Free (Previously Premium and Family)

Country

Philippines

Device

Laptop, Smartphone 

Operating System

Windows 10, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

12 months ago, I was currently enrolled in a Premium Subscription when my family decided to create a Family Plan and added me. I was sent a verification email which I did not fill up as I still had Spotify Premium at this point so I decided to finish the premium I paid for before confirming the family plan. I was removed from the plan. I did not know at that point how the system worked and thought I would be charged double. 

Fast forward to 2019, I've ended my premium plan and decided to join the family plan, however after being sent an invite today, filling in the exactly same address and currently living in the same residence as other members of the plan, I am now "Unable to join Family Plan. Please see FAQ".

FAQ was unhelpful. I searched and found no instructions, tips, or useful steps regarding my case. I would like to know how should I proceed from here on. My sister keeps resending the invite but it keeps coming back as a red error.

As much as possible I want to incorporate this current spotify account with the family plan I was originally part of last year. How? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there !
thanks for the quick reply.

Are you using a free account at the moment ? you should create a premium account and try joining again as listed under the terms i listed.
Another small trick we can do is to ask the Family Plan admin to use incognito web page when sending the invite and have you open the link using incognito as well as it tends to do the trick.

Waiting on your update 😃

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @maial

and thanks for reaching out to the community !

I summed up a few major info lines listed under the "Premium for Family" help page for you ot check out and see if you match all and eligable to join without any issues.

Join an existing Premium for Family plan

- All members have their own personal Premium account (so you don’t need to worry about asking the plan’s owner for their username and password). 

- If you don't have an account yet, you’re given the option to create one as you join. 

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.

waiting on your update 😃

Thanks for your reply and clarifying things.

Yes, there's no problem with my personal accounts and my sister and the rest of my family are using their family accounts without issue.

And we think the same, I figured I'd have to wait a year if ever, and checked the dates to the original emails and invitations, it was just over a year ago. I continued my premium until the family plan was due to be available again but no luck so far.

No other promos or student discounts have been linked to the account.

Marked as solution

Hey there !
thanks for the quick reply.

Are you using a free account at the moment ? you should create a premium account and try joining again as listed under the terms i listed.
Another small trick we can do is to ask the Family Plan admin to use incognito web page when sending the invite and have you open the link using incognito as well as it tends to do the trick.

Waiting on your update 😃

Update, I opted against buying another month of premium but I did try the incognito mode and it still didn't work right away but it did get Spotify customer support involved and after a bit of fiddling, the problem was solved in the end. Thanks so much for the help!

Suggested posts