Family Plan does not Work

Plan

Premium family

Country

Device

Various 

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Trying to play individual family accounts on different devices (echo dots) in different rooms I,e. Sons account on sons echo dot in sons room, daughters in hers, mine in my room.  Only the primary account plays and stops on one an£ then plays on another.  It does not appear possible to link a family account to an individual smart device, which is what you would want to do...... not happy or impressed with Spotify family..... unless this is sorte£ I will be cancelling after only one day and demanding a refund

3 Replies

Hi @Theozard, welcome to the community!

When we subscribe to the Premium for Family plan, each member gets its own, independent Premium account.

So if you're having issues with the playback it's because you are logging in the same account.

My suggestion is that you send the link bellow to each one of the members so that they can double check if they're logging in their own accounts:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Let me know if you need further help!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Each member is logged into own account.  They can playback on iPhone but if requesting playback from echo dot (Alexa) it does not appear possible to link an individual account to a smart device I.e sons echo dot on my sons room = if he says play a track from Spotify it plays from my account and not his

Hey @Theozard,

I've found this thread which is quite similar to your issue, and the solution provided helped most of the users who went through it.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Family/Spotify-Connect-Multiple-Speakers-Devices/td-p/1...

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts