NEXT STEP

Family Plan with a different country issue

Family Plan with a different country issue

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada, United States

My Question or Issue

I recently moved from the United States to Canada. After reading up on the steps to take to change my family account from US to Canada I still seem to have some problems.

I canceled my plan, i waited until the end of my billing cycle. I came back to my profile page and changed my coutry, my postal code, and my credit card information. All is well.

When I send an invitation to both our son and my wife to join this new account, they are asked for the address. There was no address field for me to change when i was updating things - only the name of the country and the zip/postal code. So their efforts to join the account fail... How can i get them to join?

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the community!

If you move or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account (make sure you cancel the plan on your old account beforehand, and sign out everywhere) and subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

It's not possible to change the address by resubscribing on the same account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

to create that new account, do I need to let my billing period complete first? Spotify tells me it already has my email address on file when I try to make a new account (I've cancelled the old one and signed out everywhere)

(PS thank you for your quick responce)

Hey @user-removed,

To use the email address associated with your current account, you will need to wait until your account reverts to the free, ad-supported service at the end of your current billing cycle and then close it before creating a new account. 

As your billing cycle just began, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form or by sending a private message to @SpotifyCares on twitter.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts