Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium - Gift Card Solution

Family Premium - Gift Card Solution

Hi

We have a Family Premium account and I have been given a Spotify Gift Card...

Usually Spotify dont allow Gift Card Credit to be used with Family Premium, but this solution seems to make sense;

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Gift-card-and-Spotify-Premium-Family/td-p/1539640

Can you confirm that this is OK and works?

Downgrade from Family Premium to Premium, credit Gift Card, upgrade again to Family Premium and the credit is used against the Family Premium account?

Otherwise, I am left with a worthless Gift Card and a strong need to stop any subscription to Spotify....!

4 Replies

Hey @PhilV, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I have checked the thread, and it looks like a Rock Star has replied to it. But It seems like this was since 2016. I would recommend trying it out and testing to see if it works for you still.

If it doesn't work, then gift cards won't work with Premium for Family. Here are the steps again if you'd like to try it out: 

1) Downgrade your account to a normal Premium subscription. This will kick all family members off of the family plan.

2) Redeem your gift cards on your normal Premium account.

3) Upgrade your account to the Premium for Family plan and re-add your family members to the plan

I hope this helps. If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

I'm keen to hear from a Spotify employee to be honest - I dont want to use the Gift Card just to give it a try - if it doesnt work, I'll have credited the value and then not be able to use that credit, and not be able to pass on the Gift Card to someone who maybe can.

Can Spotify please confirm this will work?

I'm thinking that "Communities" to solve Customer Service issues are really pretty poor - it seems to absolve the supplier of any responsibility and has Supporters suggesting "give it a go" and risk only wasting my own money....

Is there a Spotify employee who can give a definative answer please?

@PhilV,

I understand your concern. I explained above that a Rock Star as replied from the link you shared with me. Rock Stars are super Spotify users that share their knowledge from experience. I shared the steps above, you can try it if you'd like. 

If you do not want to try it, you can check out this support article to see the available payment methods in your country. 

I hope this helps. If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts