Country

Turkey

Device

Android Base Cell Phones, Laptops

Operating System

Android, Windows

My Question or Issue

Hey Guys

I have upgraded my premium account to a family premium so that my sisters who live in the same adress as I am, can use Spotify. I send them an invitation and they were using it without a problem until a few days ago. However, they were removed from family premium and downgraded to free accounts without any reason shown. I tried to send them new invitation and when they try to accept it, it replied : you can not participate in this account. I thought about cancelling my family premium and open a new account, however it says one can only participate in one family premium in 12 months, which means my sisters will not be able to use it anyway. So my questions are :

Why does Spotify have a family premium membership, if it can not even properly provide the service for its users?

How do I fix this problem?

To whom or where should I send an e-mail about the subject so that they know there might be others suffering from the same problem?

Thank you in advance

5 Replies

Hey @cgrkaanyldz, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help out.

Does the issue persist if she uses an incognito window when going to accept the invite?

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @cgrkaanyldz, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help out.

Does the issue persist if she uses an incognito window when going to accept the invite?

Let us know how it goes.

I have the same problem. I also create a new account and some days later. It happen again that you can't verify our address. So I get remove from family account again. Hoy can I solve this problem?

Hey @SergioDavid

Still does not work. Appereantly Spotify sent an e-mail asking them to verify the adress, and they did not see the e-mail since the e-mail was in their junk box. What now?

Hey @cgrkaanyldz.

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know 🙂

Don't worry, your family members should be able to join your Family plan.

However, since they didn't respond to the invite in time, they will need to get in touch with our Customer Service team to fix the problem, so that they can have their accounts reenabled to join your Family plan.

To do so, they just need to follow this link.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further assistance!

Take care,

P

Suggested posts