NEXT STEP

Family Premium devices stopping others

Family Premium devices stopping others

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Recently upgraded to Family premium. When we each listen to our music on our devices it interrupts other family members.

I thought family allowed us all to listen to our music on our own devices.

We have all logged out and back in again but it does not work.

Any ideas?

6 Replies

Mines does the same.

Hey there @busherc and @Lbraised,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend taking a look at the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

Once each family member has their own Spotify account and has been invited successfully into the Premium for Family plan, you'll need to log out of all devices. Then, each family member can make sure to sign in using their own account's login details.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

That’s not the issue. The issue is that you can only use one account at a time. If my wife is already listening to music I can’t use Spotify because it stops her music if I play mines.

Hey again @Lbraised,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding these details!

Just to clarify, is this happening on a certain device, for example a smart speaker or TV?

Keep in mind that if you're each accessing your own Spotify account and trying to use Spotify Connect with your smart speaker, only one account at a time will be able to use it.

However, each family member should be able to listen to music at the same time from their own device, for example mobile phone, provided they're each logged in to their own Spotify account.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I have a similar issue, I want to be able to play my Spotify on my bedroom device AND my downstairs device at the same time.  When Im doing house stuff I am up and down between floors and dont want to keep switching it and would like to hear it on both.  How do i do this?   This is the eonly reson I changed to a premium subscription.

Hey there @VeronicaGJ,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

It would be helpful to let us know which devices you're using on these two rooms.

In general, it's only possible to stream from one device at a time using your own Spotify account. However, if you have speaker devices like Sonos, you might be able to group them together like this.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts