Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium issues

Family Premium issues

My Question or Issue

I have just joined Family Premium and I added my son to the users. When he received the link he didn't have a seperate account so he clicked on it and put in my log in details. He now has his own account but when I send him the link now it automatically tries to log into my account and doesn't allow him open ...it says you are already a member of the plan....how do I get his own account to link to my Premium Family plan

13 Replies

Hey @1128813152 ,

Welcome to the Community!

You're the owner of the Family Plan, right?

I recommend you to ask him to double-check if he's logged into your accounts, or in his new account. Make sure that he logs off your account and tries to accept the link by using his new fresh account, this way he should be able to normally join the Family Plan.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

I have the premium plan and every time my son jumps on, he kicks me off and then vice versa. We all have our own accounts and this never happens with anyone else on our plan. Help please.

Hey @IEvansNH!

Thanks for bringing this up with us.

We suggest double checking if both your and your son's accounts show up as connected to the Family plan here

If everything looks okay there, you could try logging out from the app on your devices and logging back in on your separate accounts.

In case the issue persists, could you let us know on what devices you seem to be experiencing this?

Let us know how it goes. Give us a shout if you have any more questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My husband has the same issue. He received an invite to my dad's family plan and he put in my dad's email and login info instead of creating his own account in the family plan. He unloaded his own spotify account, restarted his phone but every time he is sent an invite to join the family plan, it says you can't join your own plan. Any thoughts?

Hey @mimi1234!

Welcome to Community and thanks for the question.

Is it possible for your husband to try accepting the invitation from a different device?

He could also give it a shot in an incognito window where no data is stored and he should be prompted to log in with his own details.

Keep us in the loop, we'll be here if you need more help.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

I'm having a similar issue on the Premium Family Plan -- where I sent my wife the link and she see all of the music in my account and not any of hers? My daughter-in-law also sent her some music for our grand-daughter and now this is missing.
She's also received several email indicating someone from the UK and Russia somehow was using her account. We've reset the password but now this missing music and her individual account problem has occurred???? Any suggestions or very helpful tid bits to resolve this reoccurring issue?

Hey @jazstglide!

Thanks for flagging this here on the Community.

If your wife sees only your music when she's in the app, she'll need to double check if she's logged in on the correct account.

It's probably best that she logs out of the app and back in with the correct details.

Regarding the emails she's received about the different log-ins, it was a good step to reset her password in order to resolve that.

Let us know if she sees the right playlists after she logs out and back in the app on her device.

We'll be here waiting!

ElenaModerator

I have almost the same problem as Elena. 

I used to share a Premium account with my son, and changed to Family, so we both could listen at the same time + add my youngest son. 

But, when my son tries to  open family via the link he gets this message, see attachments.  The same happens if I try to reinstall spotify on my phone.  And yes, I've tried to unistall, delete all chache + open the link in anonomus mode. 

Screenshot Spotify.jpg

Hey @skotvoma!

Thanks for reaching out.

This message means that your account is logged in on the device used to accept the invitation. 

To fix that you'll need to log out from your account on the web page and make sure that you son uses his own account details to join the Family plan.

If he doesn't have his own account yet, he could create one here. As for the playlists you were sharing on your account, he can follow the steps here to copy them on the new account.

Let us know if this helps.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

We got booted out of our family plan back to Free because Spotify tried to charge our credit card while it was temporarily suspended for possible fraud (fortunately it wasn't.)  After we joined back, my husband, who signs in via Facebook, was getting the same "cant join your own plan" message.  Copy/paste the join family link finally worked via Chrome incognito window.  Thanks @Elena!

i have the same issue and my girlfriend has an own account on spotify. I send the link by whatsapp and mail but still the same issue. And there is no where a good writing to help me/us. i am trying this for almost a day now and i think about to quit spotify. Tell me what to do because this sucks now. i pay for family and but one person could have music.

Hi @Kuuken,

Before opening the invite the next time, your girlfriend should first head to spotify.com, click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, she can open the invite link and log in again using the credentials for her own Spotify account (i.e., her email address and password).

Should the above tactics don’t work, check out this support page for more tips and tricks. 

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you still need help with this.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Kuuken,I was successful using the below process...and very happy.  You will chat with tech support agent and they are great and helpful in resolving this type of issue!
To fix that you'll need to log out from your account on the web page and make sure that you son uses his own account details to join the Family plan.

If he doesn't have his own account yet, he could create one here. As for the playlists you were sharing on your account, he can follow the steps here to copy them on the new account.
 Jazstglide

Suggested posts