Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account - change account holder

Family account - change account holder

Hello,

I am about to create a family account for my housemates and I. 

I will be the main subscriber (paying the invoice) and my question is the following: is it possible at some point to change the person in charge of paying the invoice (the main responsible)? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks a lot for your answer. 

Elena

3 Replies

Hi,

You can update the payment details. So use a credit card of the other person. Or you can stop your subscription and start a new one. Accounts will not get lost. So if you unsubscribe all the accounts become spotify free accounts. Next the account can be coupled to another  family subscription or premium.

Regards,

René

Dear René, 
Thanks a lot.Does changing the credit card owner name implies to change the name of the owner as well (in case I leave the house)?And in case of cancellation of this family account, and automatic switch to free account, are the playlist of each of us maintained? I guess there's no loss of data, right? People might take an individual premium again later on.Thanks for the reply,Elena

Hi,

No the account holder name will not change. So it's better to stop the subscription and create a new one. And indeed the account and all the data will not change for all the accounts. So the account and the subscription are very loosely coupled.

Check also this post which is similar.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Change-the-owner-name-for-Family-Plan/td-p/3538686

Regards,

René

Suggested posts