Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account interferes with my own

Family account interferes with my own

About two months ago I upgraded from my premium account to a family deal since my parents got new multiroom speaker, and therefore where in need for a good music streaming service. 

I personally created two new accounts for my parents and send both the invitation link for premium. Everything seemed to work fine. 

But after a while I realized that the separate accounts of my parents (which I created, different email address, different user name different everything except the adress) are interfering with my own. 

The problem is the following. When I listen to music and then my parents start Spotify my music stops and their system starts streaming. I am not able to start music without turning their stream of. It seems like we are streaming from the same account (so of course if that were the case the streaming will only work at one place) but since I created their own account and pay for the family plan I really don't know what might be the matter. 

I used the unlock from all devices function twice. I reinstalled Spotify as well as the sonos app several times. And for know I am out of ideas what else to try. 

Did anybody encounter similar behaviour?! It really drives me crazy since I can't use my Spotify anymore.

Thx Tobi

1 Reply

Hey @gerlingt, welcome to the community!

This could be related to the speaker you're streaming from.

If you're using Google Home or Amazon, you can only link one Spotify account to the application. I suggest removing the link to your Spotify account from the speaker app to avoid this inconvenience.

Also, make sure your parents are logged into their own accounts on each of their devices.

If you still have room in the plan, you can set up a fourth account just for the speakers. This way, you'll avoid the hassle of unlinking/linking your Spotify account to the speaker app when you want to use them.

I hope this helps.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts