Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member can't join premium - gives error about not being in the same country

Solved!

Family member can't join premium - gives error about not being in the same country

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

A family member got a new phone and she lost her account information, so we made a new account for her. Now I'm trying to join her to my family plan, and when she tries to accept my invite she gets an error saying she's trying to join a plan in a different country. We're both in the USA. I've tried getting her location automatically using Location Services and putting it in manually and I get the same error every time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @nickbush_95,

thanks for posting !

Can you please first ask your family member to log in to his/hers account overview at Spotify.com making sure that the country listed is indeed US ?

On top of that, making sure that your address match as this is a requierment for a functioning Family Plan.

Furthermore :

- If your member is joining Family on the same device owned by the plan manager and that was used for the invite, make sure the account is logged out first - this may cause an expired invitation link

- Try opening the link in an incognito/private window of your web browser

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @nickbush_95,

thanks for posting !

Can you please first ask your family member to log in to his/hers account overview at Spotify.com making sure that the country listed is indeed US ?

On top of that, making sure that your address match as this is a requierment for a functioning Family Plan.

Furthermore :

- If your member is joining Family on the same device owned by the plan manager and that was used for the invite, make sure the account is logged out first - this may cause an expired invitation link

- Try opening the link in an incognito/private window of your web browser

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Turns out her account location was set to Panama, not sure why. Thank you.

Hi @nickbush_95 ,

thanks for updating me !

Glad to hear it all works now.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts