Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member has new phone but can't remember login email or password

Solved!

Family member has new phone but can't remember login email or password

Plan:Premium Family

Device

(iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 13.2

My Question or Issue

My daughter is part of our Premium Family plan and has got a new iPhone which means she has to login to Spotify again but can't remember what her email or password was for her login. How do i find out what this is or at least reset the password? All I can see on our account is how to reset or find my master account info.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mentalwell-bein,

Welcome to the Community! 

Premium Family owners and members are unable to see the email addresses registered on the other members' accounts. However, every member can see their own information if they have access to their accounts from this link

We also recommend checking all possible email addresses, to see if you can find receipts or welcome emails.

If the account trying to join is logged into the app on a mobile, you can see the  registered email from the settings.

Lastly, it's possible to create a Spotify account via Facebook, so if you're not able to locate any emails from us on all email addresses and you use Facebook, you can try logging in with that option.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @rcr3!

If you can't log in and you’re unsure which email you used, I’d recommend having a quick scan of the email accounts you own for emails from ‘hello@spotify.com’. That way you can determine which one you used to sign up for Spotify with. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for more help.

When you find out which email address is linked to your daughter's account, I'd recommend having a password reset using that email address here. You should then be able to log in by using your email address and the new password. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the exact same issue, and this response was not helpful. I have a family account. My wife has just purchased a new phone and can't login to her account. We know her user name, but when we press the "forgot your password" button to reset it, it states that it has sent an email to her account, but we have not received any emails. We've tried numerous times, and it's now saying too many attempts. She has only ever had one email address. We don't know where the email is going. It shouldn't be this hard. Help please.

Hey @DavidSpark81,

Thanks for reaching out and searching the answer you need here.

Have you checked also your own email accounts? It's possible that your wife used one of yours to sign up.  If you don't find the password rest link also there, we can propose the following workaround for you.

You can remove your wife's old account from the Premium Family plan and she can then create a new one, with which she can join. This page contains instructions on how to manage your plan. Since you know the username of her old account it's also possible to transfer her music collection using the steps here

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

No, I didn't receive the reset link either. We've checked all of our folders, Spam included. Neither of us have received any emails. When I put her email address in instead of her username to attempt to reset her password, it says that the email address isn't registered. How can this be?

Your proposed workaround is not acceptable. She will lose all of her listening history and playlists which she has spent hours creating. We pay for this service and this is simply a joke. It shouldn't be this hard.

After trying last night numerous times and failing and being told to wait a while before trying to reset our password again, we have tried again this morning. The Spotify app has said that it has sent us an email, but we have still not received anything in any of our folders in any of our email addresses. Can you tell us what email address is attached to Spotify username becspark27? Surely there are no issues with this, as I'm not asking for a password, I'm just trying to find out where the email is going. Failing this, can you contact me at my email address and we can work this out outside of a forum.

Hi Spotify,

I have same issue. Please provide a solution that does not entail any loss of playlists etc.

my daughter has a new phone, knows username but can only log in under my profile.

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this!

@Grahambyrne13 you can take a look at this page to see all the possible ways to locate a Spotify account.

If you're not receiving a password reset email on any of the email addresses you're checking, it's possible the your daughter has used an older email address or an incorrect one.

It could be the same in your case @DavidSpark81, that an older/incorrect email address was registered on your wife's account. 

In that case we'd recommend following the steps under ''Old email address'' here.

Hope this info helps! We'll be here if you need us.

ElenaModerator

Interesting. I would have assumed that details (emails) for family members would be available. But seems that no..

Marked as solution

Hi @mentalwell-bein,

Welcome to the Community! 

Premium Family owners and members are unable to see the email addresses registered on the other members' accounts. However, every member can see their own information if they have access to their accounts from this link

We also recommend checking all possible email addresses, to see if you can find receipts or welcome emails.

If the account trying to join is logged into the app on a mobile, you can see the  registered email from the settings.

Lastly, it's possible to create a Spotify account via Facebook, so if you're not able to locate any emails from us on all email addresses and you use Facebook, you can try logging in with that option.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts