NEXT STEP

Family member still gets ads

Family member still gets ads

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My family member still gets ads with his login even after the app has been deleted, password reset and app re-installed after opening with the family premium link. The re-install recognises the family premium subscription as it has all the content from other user. IT IS VERY ANNOYING! How is the fixed/resolved?

3 Replies

Hi there @Kakadu_child,

thanks for reaching out !

Two things i would like to ask:

1. Are you family members getting ads while listening to Podcasts or while listening to music content ?

2. Have they all checked their account overview here (they have to log in using their private credentials) to see their subscription status to make sure it is indeed the Family plan ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

Thank you for your response - they logged in to Spotify via the Family Premium link I sent them and they still get ads with music?

Hi @Kakadu_child,

As mentioned before, Premium members should not see any adds using their music service (only ads which can appear are embedded ads in Podcasts).

Therefore, to make sure all your Family members are indeed using premium, please have them log in to their own account's overview and check their current subscription status.

Users on Premium Family should have their own private accounts which gets invites and accepted to the plan.

Logging in through a link isn't a log in method. Have them check it out and reply back to the post so we'll know how to proceed if needed.

Let me know what you find 🙂

Suggested posts