Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family members can't proceed when entering address

Family members can't proceed when entering address

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Country

Philippines

Device

(OnePlus 6, Galaxy S7, Desktop)

Operating System

(Android 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I subscribed to Spotify's Premium Family Plan using my new MCO Visa Card. The currency in use is SGD (Singapore) and does not have my country's fiat currency (PHP - Philippines).

When inviting my family members, the get an error as shown in the image below. Even if the Address is exactly the same, they can't proceed. Also, I saw my profile's country was changed to SG (Singapore) without me changing anything. Why????????? Can someone please fix this as I paid for it. If it can't be fixed please just reimburse my subscription.

error.png
country.PNG
1 Reply

Hi there @carlonickpour

thanks for reaching out !

In order for a Premium Family subscription to work correctly, the owner is asked to provide a payment method which was issued in the same country of origin stated in the account's details.

What happened here is that you're signed in Singapore (due to the change of method) and the rest of your family members in the Philippines. 

You'll have to change your country of origin back to the Philippines and provide a matching payment method issued there in order to proceed (Country + correct address will have you successfully adding members).

Please find all details on the Premium Family subscription here.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts