Family members cannot join as we are all travelling together

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia, but travelling

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi. I recently started paying for Family Premium and invited my 3 family members (wife, daughter, son) to join. However, we are currently travelling (in Vietnam, then Europe, for at least a year), so when they try to sign up via a link they are told they are in a different country and cannot sign up.

Obviously we would love to link our Spotify accounts together while travelling, so please help!

3 Replies

Hey @hueymc, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Seems like what happened was that you started Premium Family in your home country, and when they tried to join - they couldn't because the address doesn't match the address that's on your account.

Keep in mind that all members on the plan will need to reside at the same physical address as the owner (you), at least at the time of signup. After that, they can travel wherever with their Spotify!

In your case, I'd recommend either waiting until you and your family members get back to your home address to get started with Premium Family, or you can change your address for Premium Family by following the steps in this support article > Change address section.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I should have mentioned that it was
nothing to do with the address (We already changed it to our address in
Vietnam) but it didn't like the location of where we were doing it from
(Vietnam).

I've even tried using a VPN but that didn't work either. We're not back in
Australia for at least 2 more years so would obviously like to get this
fixed before then!!

Huey

Hi @hueymc,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's not possible to add members to the Premium Family plan if your accounts' country settings don't match, since you have to all live at the same place in order to take advantage of this deal.

If you and your family are currently all living in Vietnam, the best way to go about would be to change the country settings of all your Spotify accounts to Vietnam. In order for this to work, you will need to use a payment method issued in that country. 

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.

Suggested posts