Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family members cannot join "Premium Family" in Kosovo due to lack of IP location

Solved!

Family members cannot join "Premium Family" in Kosovo due to lack of IP location

Hello, I'm located in Kosovo and just signed up for "Premium Family" with my existing account, with my own credit card, and my personal account automatically detected Country/Region as Kosovo so Premium works for me, however my family members cannot join "Premium Family" with my address because their own existing accounts do NOT list Kosovo in their profile (differs between Albania and Serbia). I tried using Mobile Data to sign up for a new account hoping it would pick up Kosovo, but it didn't. I even tried signing up for a new account from my own PC (device used to sign up for Premium Family), and it still would automatically select Albania due to lack of IP location from Kosovo. How do I add members to Family in this scenario?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @arber_behluli,

Thanks for sending us this info.

In this case, we suggest that you reach out to your Internet Service Provider to ensure that your IP address matches your region and is seen as such to any external services. They should be able to update this through MaxMind.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @arber_behluli,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

If your payment method is from Kosovo, your not able to change your country settings to another country.

Can you confirm if your family member's followed these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country or region and select your new place from the dropdown list.
    Note: their new country or region only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, tried simply going to Account Settings and editing the profile, just to change the location, however (nearly) every time the only country listed was Albania (neighboring country). Even signing up for a new account from any of our devices would automatically set the country to Albania, and WITHOUT the possibility to change it to Kosovo. This problem occurred on 2 different ISP-s and also with Mobile Data of one of those ISP-s. However the problem has been solved, when the invite to join Family was used in a third different ISP, but still, the only way to allow members to join to my Family is to use this third ISP, otherwise Country remains Albania in Account Settings

Marked as solution

Hi @arber_behluli,

Thanks for sending us this info.

In this case, we suggest that you reach out to your Internet Service Provider to ensure that your IP address matches your region and is seen as such to any external services. They should be able to update this through MaxMind.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts