Family members out for a course blocked

Plan Family Premium

Country Brazil

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

My two sons are in Portugal for a course for 2 months and their Premium Family accounts have been blocked. I sent them invites again but they could not activated because they're not at home now. Should I pay for extra accounts because they're out for two months? They are 12 and 13 years old and they have not left home, they're just studying out for 2 months.

1 Reply

Hey @marcionunesrj,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be happy to answer your question 🙂

Unfortunately, your family members need to be residing at the same address as you in order to benefit from the Premium for Family plan (this is why they were removed from the plan in the first place).

In order for them to be able to use Premium while they're away, they will each have to upgrade to standard Premium, or they can create a Family plan of their own. These are both monthly subscriptions, so they can always cancel after one or two months. 

We also just wanted to remind you that, as per the Spotify T&Cs, there are certain age restrictions for the use of Spotify depending on where you live. Make sure to check them out 🙂

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here if you need us.

Cheers!

Suggested posts