Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan and saved song limit

Solved!

Family plan and saved song limit

My question is that if I were to get the family plan would each separate account get a set limit of 10,000 saved songs each or would those other accounts saved music cut into my own song limit? Because I already hit the cap once and if their saved music is going to collaborated into a total of 10,000 saved songs shared between the accounts would be main reason why I wouldn't get the family plan. Thank you for any answers you can give me. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is correct Kristomatic, 

Other accounts on your family subscription do not effect your saved music cap of 10,000 songs.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello Kristomatic,

To answer your question bluntly, No.

Spotify's Family Plan allows for up to five accounts to be added to the subscription, each with their own individual 10,000 song download limit cap across the three offline devices allocated to each seperate account. 

Hope this help, message me if you have any further questions.

Cheers

I'm not talking about the download song limit because I would never get to 10,000 downloaded songs. I'm talking about saved songs/albums to my library. So their accounts wouldn't effect my 10,000 song cap? Like if they were to save 2,000 songs to their library it wouldn't drop me down to only being able to save 8,000?

Marked as solution

That is correct Kristomatic, 

Other accounts on your family subscription do not effect your saved music cap of 10,000 songs.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the clarification!

sorry if I intrude on this topic but I have a problem: I am part of a spotify family and with my account I can download music offline only on one device. If I download music to my smartphone, I can't download it to my watch. the error is: "device limit reached, to listen in offline mode with this device you must remove all downloads from another device" I logged out of all devices and uninstalled and reinstalled the apps again but the problem persists. how is it possible?

Hey @viktorArya ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If none of the devices you've previously downloaded content on are able to connect to the internet with the Spotify app turned on and you logged in on the app, the downloaded content will be automatically removed after 30 days.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts