Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan, how to simultaneously play on multiple devices

Family plan, how to simultaneously play on multiple devices

I recently upgraded to the family plan, in order to try and fix a regular problem we have around the house...

I'm the primary account holder, and I use Spotify, across a variety of Google and Amazon devices around the house.  About once a day, I'm listening to my playlist, a quality jam, to be sure, and inevitably, my groove gets interrupted, because somewhere else in the house, my 5 or 7 year old has requested Alexa or Google to play "Old Town Road" for the 939,738,223rd time.

Sigh.  Okay, fine.  I'll just throw money at the problem.  So I've upgraded to the Family Plan, now fully expecting Lil Naz and Katy Perry and whatever else to go on in the family room, while I'm enjoying my tunes uninterrupted in my office.  But nada.  The behavior is still the same as before.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Sick-and-tired-of-old-town-road

3 Replies

Hey @dustinkirkland ,

Welcome to the Community!

Every member of the Family Plan can stream their music whenever they want, using their own devices and different accounts.

Spotify is only licensed to sell 'personal' subscriptions which means you can only stream on one device at a time.

If you're sharing your account with your daughter, that's the reason of this "problem".

I would recommend you to tell her to create another account in order to be able to enjoy the benefits of rocking a Premium subscription individually, but keep in mind that the Age Requirements to use Spotify is that the user must be 18 or older, or be 13 or older and have parent or guardian consent. (as stated in Spotify's Terms & Conditions)

Also, you can find more information about the Family Plan here.

Hope this helps clear things up, let me know if you have any more questions. 🙂

Hi Brunelicia,

I have Spotify Premium Family and have creat accounts for my Wife and two daughters and then added them to my account as family members.

Whilst we can all access the service individually on separate devices, we cannot use it at the same time. Like OP, when a second device starts to stream, the original switches off.

In dire news of help!

Thanks in advance.

Hey @SilverBack223,

Welcome to the thread!

If you can't play simultaneously on separate devices, then someone's probably logged into someone else's account, but no worries. We recommend that you all sign out of your accounts via the Overview Page > Sign out everywhere and make sure you log into your separate accounts on the different devices. 

Because you mentioned that you've created accounts for your daughters, if you're using the Kids app, then you as the manager of the Family plan have to log in to your account in the app, but it's worth mentioning that it won't interfere with what you're listening to as the accounts act a bit different. 

Hope this info helps and we're here if anything else comes up 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts