The Netherlands

Device

ANY DEVICE

Operating System

Windows AND Android

My Question or Issue

Hello and good evening.

Some context before:

I am a Premium user. I got my Premium account many years ago. I became Premium back in 2009 or 2010 if I do not remember badly (although due to a Spotify mistake, I had to create and use a new Premium account a few years ago, lossing with it all my playlist and other stuff).

In total, almost 10 years paying a Premium plan.

I created my account in Spain (where I am from). I moved to The Netherlands almost 7 years ago (Alone). A bit after I moved, I changed the country of my account, from Spain to The Netherlands.

More context:

In December 2017 or January 2018, I discovered the option of the 'Premium for Family' in Spotify. I upgraded my premium account to Premium for Family, so I could let my siblings to use Spotify (all of them have premium individual accounts). I did a mistake when I entered the address just after upgrading to Premium for Family. I set an address in NL which was not even mine. So I decided to downgrade to a regular Premium account and try to fix the mess later on.

The Problem:

A few months ago I upgraded back to Premium for Family, but I had the issue still: my address was wrong and I couldn't change it. Due to many problems and other stuff offtopic, I never downgraded my account again. Today I saw that, for some reason, the address of my account was removed, so I could set a new one. I did, and this time I set the correct address in Spain. I sent my siblings the link to join the Premium for Family plan, but all of them get an error saying they are not living in the same place as the owner of the plan.

All of them have set the same address that I set in mine. Still does not work. They can't join. I noticed that, despite the address set in my Spotify account is in Spain, the account says that my country is The Netherlands. I tried to change it, no luck.
I changed the payment method for one from Spain: the country set in my account is not chaning, still set in The Netherlands. And my siblings (3 siblings, all of them living in Spain) can't join my Family plan yet.

What do I need:
I want to know what should I do to fix this mess. Set the country of my account back to Spain, and allow my siblings to join the Family plan that I have been paying (but not using) for a few months already.

PS: I really love the fact that, despite the amount of money that I have paid to Spotify all these years (I have bought also this yearly subscriptions that you can gift to people), I do not have an email address where to ask for help, so I need to rely on the community for this. I thought I was paying to Spotify, not to the community... Please note the irony and sarcasm...

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed 

Is your payment card from a Spanish bank? If that's the case, I'd suggest to create a new account in Spain, and use it to pay for the family plan. You would have to migrate your playlists to this account, but it would be worth it in my opinion.

To contact support, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the Community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts